ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DATA
The information displayed on our website is provided for addiction and substance abuse related purposes and the services we offer only.
(Pty) Ltd disclaims any responsibility for positions taken without due consultation with us and no person shall have any claim of any nature whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with, the contents of this website against (Pty) Ltd and/or any of its directors and/or employees.
As such we respect your right to privacy.
When we refer to “personal information”, it means “personal information” as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (“POPI“), and “personal data” as per the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“the GDPR“). Personal information includes any information about a person that can be used to identify a person directly or indirectly. It includes information like a name, an identification number, location information, an online identifier or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that person. POPI includes the personal information of juristic persons in its ambit – so we will protect the personal information of juristic persons in the same manner as any other person’s personal information.
- personal details, such as your name, email address or telephone number;
- billing information, such as relevant payment information and VAT registration number; and
- legally required information, which includes any additional information that the law requires from us to verify your identity.
- We do brief telephonic assessments to determine suitability of the use of our services offered.
- Directly from you when you use our website or any of our electronic communication platforms or if we request it from you.
- In limited instances, we collect personal information from third parties. We will only collect personal information this way where such information is publicly available or for legitimate business purposes.
- Through the use of browser cookies, which will mainly be used to identify visitors that return to our website and to make your browsing experience more pleasurable. You can prevent us from doing this through a setting on your browser. Cookies only store information from your browser and cannot access data on your computer.
We may use your personal information for any legitimate business purposes relating to our services and/or business activities. Some of the purposes for which we use your personal information include:
- marketing purposes (Mailing lists)
- responding to your queries posted on our website or emailed to us
- assessing you as a client and verifying your identity (as required by law);
- providing you with our services;
- referring you to other service providers with your consent;
- improving our website and services by analysing certain information collected, including cookies and other related information;
- sending you information (in the form of our newsletter) and inviting you to events;
- and/or complying with our regulatory or other obligations.
You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time which will result in us no longer marketing to you. We include a link in every marketing communication allowing you to unsubscribe from marketing communication and you can email us to ask us to remove you from our mailing list.
If you unsubscribe from our mailing list, we may still contact you in other instances, such as in the course of providing you with services or to collect outstanding fees. In these instances, the relevant practitioner will contact you directly and not through the mailing list.
We may transfer your information cross border for our legitimate business purposes, such as for cloud storage and for our billing practices. All information transfers will comply with the applicable laws.
If you are in the European Union or the United Kingdom, the following details may be used for the relevant regulatory authority. GDPR The European Commission Online complaint procedure:
Address: European Commission, Secretary-General B-1049 Brussels, BELGIUM
The independent Data Protection Authority (“DPA“) per member state Website listing all DPA’s per member state: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm Data Protection Act, 1998 (UK)
The Information Commissioner’s Office Website: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
Tel: 0303 123 1113